Sunday, August 19, 2007

Art of Living- No thanks I will stick to unbranded Yoga- part III

Last hoot in this series.
In every session of the aol course the anchor would say that since SSR has gove you so much knowledge, how will you show your gratitude to him? In my mind there was no question of gratitude because we had already paid a 1000K for this course. Anyways she said that the only way to repay this debt of knowledge was each one get two members to participate in this course.
Looks like that 'chain business' to me. So will I get a 10% commission for every new member I get in? and then 10 % for every member that that new member gets and so on and so forth? Sorry But I thoroughly PEEVED.

3 comments:

Neelum said...

Even I find AOL very well branded...but the marketing strategy is amazing (amazingly sick). When you attend their course, they tell you that when you go back home, do it alone, don't teach anyone, let no one see you...so ultimately if you want to learn you are forced to attend the course...Did you know they also have a high level job hunt & head hunters within AOL network....so one way to reach the top is to know that ur CEO is an AOL member & then sign up!!

Ketaki said...

Great, this is jut like those secret societies- masons etc. I am gping to put your comment as a part of my blog, hope you dont mind.

Sandeep said...

I somewhat agree to this!. Everything is brand these days. I have myself attended AOL basic in Bangalore,and did not find it that useful(May be I need to stick to the practice for more time). It has become more of a social gathering by youths than anything else in my personal opinion.

The joy of playing

I ran for cover as my partner rushed to the net with her racket raised high over her head and cried "haaaaaaa ya".  The poor s...