Friday, July 27, 2007

News and rumours!

Day 1 at 10.30- The corridor outside my flat stank unbearably

at 12.30pm- I noticed that a plastic bag might be the cause of this stench and that it was still not cleared by housekeeping because the stench made it impossible for them to.

5.30pm- the garbage has been cleared from my floor and the stink is now replaced by that of phenyl, disinfectant, room freshners etc

Day 2- My Dhobi tells me that the plastic bag that was the source of stench actually contained a baby

3.30pm- I relayed this news to 3 mothers who come to pick up their children at the school bus-stop

Day3- I am paid a visit by senior citizens of my complex and asked it there was a plastic bag containing a dead body (I am surprised news travelled this slow). If there was indeed a package containg hacked body parts

Day4- I am accosted by concerned looking grannies and asked if there were 4 plastic bags containing chopped parts of a dead body.

Day 5- I am told that this whole episode made it to NDTV news

Day 6- I know know how NEWS is made!

1 comment:

Neelum said...

Goshhh how gross!! were you not bothered by police? it is a sad reality all over the world that a child is robbed off his/her life because the parent did not want to or was not capable of looking afer the child.

The joy of playing

I ran for cover as my partner rushed to the net with her racket raised high over her head and cried "haaaaaaa ya".  The poor s...